Oppo is all set to launch the Oppo K3 in India today. The launch of the smartphone comes just a day after the company quietly announced the Oppo A9 in India. Oppo has partnered with Amazon to launch the Oppo K3 as the company looks to strengthen its online presence. The Oppo K3 offers certain features similar to the Realme X such as a notchless AMOLED display, pop-up selfie camera, Snapdragon 710 chipset, VOOC 3.0 fast charging and in-display fingerprint sensor.Since the Oppo K3 shares a lot of the same specifications as the Realme X (Review), we expect the pricing to be similar as well. While Oppo will reveal the official pricing of the Oppo K3 later today at 6pm IST, we expect the smartphone to fall under Rs 20,000 if its priced similar to its China pricing.The Oppo K3 has already been launched in China starting at CNY 1,599 (approx Rs 16,100) for the base variant 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, CNY 1,899 for the 6GB + 128GB version and CNY 2,299 (approx Rs 23,000) for the 8GB + 256GB top-end variant. The company has revealed via Amazon that it will bring a 8GB + 128GB variant to India.Oppo K3 specificationsIn terms of design, the Oppo K3 also looks inspired by the Oppo Reno series like the Oppo A9 that was launched yesterday. The rear panel offers a 3D glossy finish in Aurora Blue and Jade Black colours. The Oppo K3 sports a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED display and supports an in-display fingerprint sensor.advertisementLike the Realme X, the Oppo K3 also features a 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 710 that is equipped with Adreno 616 GPU. The phone also houses a 3,765mAh battery and supports VOOC 3.0 fast charging, which is again similar to the Realme X. The Opp K3 will ship with Android Pie-based ColorOS 6 and will offer features like Game Boost 2.0 and TouchBoost.As for the cameras, the Oppo K3 sports a dual camera setup on the back that includes a 16-megapixel main camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor. For selfies, the Oppo K3 offers a 16-megapixel sensor housed in the pop-up camera. The Oppo K3 also supports Dolby Atmos sound.ALSO READ | Oppo A9 launched in India with waterdrop display, 4020mAh battery: Price, full specs and sale dateALSO READ | Realme X review: Offers everything you need under Rs 20,000
Formula One drivers will rev up their race cars again for the annual Mexican Grand Prix, Mexico City’s mayor said on Wednesday, after a cut in government funding put the future of the widely attended race in question.Mexico had signed a five-year contract for annual Grand Prix races in 2014. But after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador took office in December, he said the deal would not be renewed because public funds were needed for other tourism booster projects such as building the “Mayan Train” on the Yucatan Peninsula.Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said a group of business people would help cover the costs, which local authorities have said are about $45 million a year.”I want to give you all the good news. … Formula One is staying in Mexico,” Sheinbaum said in a video posted on Twitter, adding that the head of the governing body FIA would sign a new contract on Thursday.”The city isn’t investing a single public resource,” Sheinbaum said. “It’s good news for the city, it brings tourism, it brings income.”Formula One has held the Mexican Grand Prix every year since 2015, drawing a total of 1 million people. The competition previously ran in Mexico between 1963 to 1970, and again from 1986 to 1992.