In addition, all 94 people who were quarantined at Arrowe Park hospital in north west England after being flown back from Wuhan have now left the site.But more than 100 people are still in quarantine in a hotel north of London after arriving from China last week.An 80-year-old Chinese tourist visiting France has become the first fatality from the virus confirmed outside of Asia.Topics : Eight of the nine people diagnosed with the new coronavirus in Britain have left hospital having now tested negatively twice for the virus, NHS England said on Saturday.”I want to stress that any individuals who are discharged from hospital are now well and do not pose any public health risk,” said Health Secretary Matt Hancock.The final person is still being treated at Guy’s and St Thomas’s Hospital in central London.
BASSETERRE, St. Kitts, (CMC) – A half-century from Yannic Cariah led consistent batting down the order from Trinidad & Tobago Red Force against Leeward Islands in the Regional 4-Day Tournament on Saturday.Cariah was unbeaten on 73 and a few others got starts without carrying on, as the Red Force dodged showers and batted the entire first day of the 10th round match to reach 269 for six in their first innings at the close.The left-hander anchored the visitors’ batting for the latter half of the day, as fellow left-hander, opener Amir Jangoo supported with 46, Ewart Nicholson made 45, fellow rookie Akiel Cooper added 41 and Isaiah Rajah made 40 after the visitors were put in to bat on a typically batsman-friendly Warner Park pitch.None of the Hurricanes’ bowlers distinguished themselves, after new captain Montcin Hodge called correctly and the two sides spent part of the day avoiding rain which swiped close to an hour of play.Red Force suffered an early setback when makeshift opener Imran Khan was lbw to Jeremiah Louis for a duck in the fourth over of the day.The rest of the visitors’ batting however, gradually wore down the Hurricanes bowlers with Jangoo featuring in successive half-century stands with Rajah and Nicholson before off-spinner Jacques Taylor bowled him after lunch.For the remainder of the day, Cariah was the glue that held the Red Force batting together, sharing a vital 94 for the fifth wicket with Cooper that took the edge off the Hurricanes’ bowling later in the day.RED FORCE 1st Innings+A Jangoo b Taylor 46I Khan lbw b Louis 0I Rajah c Saunders b Tonge 40E Nicholson c Campbell b Peters 45Y Cariah not out 73A Cooper b Campbell 41R Primus b Bonner 17T Webster not out 1Extras (b3, w1, nb2) 6TOTAL (6 wkts, 75 overs) 269To bat: *M Richards, B Charles, S Cottrell.Fall of wickets: 1-8, 2-75, 3-127, 4-137, 5-231, 6-268.Bowling: Tonge 14-2-66-1, Louis 12-2-40-1, Peters 12-2-50-1, Taylor 23-3-69-1, Campbell 13-1-40-1, Bonner 1-0-1-1.HURRICANES – *M Hodge, N Bonner, K Carty, C Hughes, J Otto, A Saunders, G Tonge, J Louis, +J Campbell, J Taylor, S Peters.
Emily Smith | Daily TrojanAdoree’ on offense? · Junior Adoree’ Jackson may suit up as a wide receiver in addition to his defensive and kick return duties.USC football held practice at Howard Jones Field on Wednesday, desperate for momentum after dropping two of its first three games. The Trojans suffered a loss at Stanford last weekend, prompting a quarterback change from head coach Clay Helton, and they look to get their season back on track with a win at Utah on Friday.Dynamic DefenseCornerback Adoree’ Jackson went through some offensive drills after practice. Helton said they were routine and didn’t mention anything about getting his junior more involved on offense, but he did praise Jackson’s impact on that side of the ball.“He’s one of the most football-smart guys I have ever been associated with. [He’s] so instinctive, it literally takes a walkthrough meeting and he’s ready to go,” Helton said. “We always carry six to eight plays for him.”Helton emphasized, however, that Jackson and the rest of the Trojan defense had to make strides after an inconsistent start to the campaign. USC has been susceptible to giving up the big play in recent weeks, a tendency Helton was keen to eliminate.Although there is much work still to be done, Helton was optimistic, pointing to another group of players that has made similar adjustments in the season’s early going.“You’ve seen the offensive line getting better with each week, and that’s what our whole team needs to do,” he said. “It comes through reps, experience, and meetings.”Helton also admitted he carries the responsibility of effecting change and correcting mistakes in the program.“It starts with me,” he said. “I take a lot of pride in guys doing the right thing, and I look forward to those corrections being made this week—and in a hurry. We need them to.”Injury UpdatesHelton provided updates for a number of injured Trojans, including redshirt senior tight end Taylor McNamara, whose foot injury was confirmed as a bruise after x-rays were negative.Offensive tackle Chuma Edoga sat out practice with a stomach virus, and the sophomore required three bags of fluid from an IV. Helton said he hoped to have his lineman back by Thursday’s morning walkthrough.Redshirt sophomore Malik Dorton was called a “game-time decision,” as the defensive tackle continued to nurse a hip issue. Freshman tailback Vavae Malepeai also practiced for the first time since breaking his scapula in late August. Helton estimated Malepeai was still about two weeks away from contact drills but called the freshman’s return “really, really good news.”Junior John Plattenburg was also back in practice after losing over a month to a concussion. Helton was impressed by how well his safety was recovering but admitted the coaching staff had to be “extra protective” easing him into action. Next week’s game against Arizona State was mentioned as a possible return date.Defensive tackle Noah Jefferson was away from the team dealing with personal issues, and Helton said the sophomore would be back on campus on Friday. Jefferson will not travel to Utah but was ruled out of the game regardless thanks to a lingering shoulder problem.The team flies out for Salt Lake City on Thursday with rain in the game-time forecast, and USC will take on the Utes at 6 p.m. on Friday.“We’ve prepared [for rain] for three days,” Helton said. “We’re looking forward to getting to Utah and competing against them.”
Today’s other fixtures are as follows:Tipperary Water County Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi-FinalsLattin-Cullen Gaels V Newport 2.00pmThurles Sarsfields V Sean Treacys 3.30pmBoth matches will be played in Pairc Ciocaim, Dundrum. There’s a double header in Cahir – defending champions Clonmel Commercials meet Arravale Rovers at 2.30pm with the clash Kilsheelan-Kilcash and Ballyporeen getting underway at 4.00pm.At the same time in Leahy Park, Cashel, Loughmore-Castleiney will battle it out for a place in the last four. Tipperary Water County Intermediate Football ChampionshipGolden-Kilfeacle V Father Sheehys 2.00pm at Leahy Park, CashelMoyne-Templetuohy V Fethard 2.30pm in Boherlahan Tipperary Water Minor B Hurling Championship FinalCashel King Cormacs V Skeheen/Clonmel Og 2.00pm in New Inn
View comments MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next BanKo scored an early upset to kickstart its campaign dealing vaunted Creamline with a five-set defeat, 22-25, 25-16, 25-23, 17-25, 15-11, in the Premier Volleyball League Conference Saturday at People’s Gym in Tuguegarao.Jutarat Montripila lit up for the Perlas Spikers with 29 points while Lakia Bright provided ample support with 19 points to eclipse the star power of the Cool Smashers that include Alyssa Valdez, Jia Morado, Michele Gumabao, and Melissa Gohing.ADVERTISEMENT Creamline’s Thai reinforcement Kuttika Kaewpin led the Cool Smashers with 22 points while Valdez and Gumabao added 20 and 10 points, respectively.Although the scores didn’t fluctuate much in the spikes, blocks, and aces categories, the Perlas Spikers got a boost from the Cool Smashers’ inconsistent play.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownCreamline led in the spikes department, 59-53, and aces, 7-5, but gave away 37 free points due to errors while BanKo limited its miscues to 26. Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding LATEST STORIES Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Celtics’ Stevens remains humble as team continues to thrive Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award
“We agreed that we’ll start to talk about figures and details on May 13, at the end of the Russian championship.“I want to state that nothing is decided. We’ve told Mancini clearly that the FIGC has a budget for the role which it does not intend to deviate from.”The annual budget for the future coach and his backroom staff has been fixed at five million euros.Mancini, 53, met with the Italian FA sub-commissioner Alessandro Costacurta and team manager Gabriele Oriali for over two hours in Rome on Monday evening.It was reported over the weekend that Carlo Ancelotti had turned down the job, with Gazzetta reporting that the federation had offered the former Manchester City manager a two-year contract until 2020 worth four million euros ($4.8million) a year.“Coaching the national team would be prestigious and a source of pride for me because Italy are one of the most important teams in the world,” Mancini told Italian radio on Monday.During his 17-year coaching career Mancini led Manchester City to their first English league title in 44 years in 2012, and won three Serie A titles with Inter Milan and Italian Cups with Inter, Fiorentina and Lazio.The former Lazio and Sampdoria forward never became a regular with Italy during his 10-year international career, during which he won 36 caps and scored four goals.Italy have been without a permanent coach since Gian Piero Ventura was sacked after they failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 60 years after losing to Sweden in a two-legged playoff in November.Italy’s under-21 coach Luigi Di Biagio has been filling the position on an interim basis.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Zenit coach Roberto Mancini has won league titles in Italy and England © AFP/File / ROBERT MICHAELMILAN, Italy, May 1 – Zenit Saint Petersburg coach Roberto Mancini has agreed in principle to become the next Italy coach, Italian federation (FIGC) commissioner Roberto Fabbricini said Tuesday.“Yesterday (Monday) in Rome there was a meeting … with Roberto Mancini, who said he was ready to end his relationship with Zenit and coach the national team,” Fabbricini said in quotes carried by Gazzetta Dello Sport.