PGNiG receives second LNG load at Klaipeda

first_img“The Polish LNG consumption market is already sufficiently broad and involves the use of LNG in the transport sector as well as the supply of LNG to customers who are distant from the natural gas network. On the other hand, as owners of an infrastructure in the port of Klaipėda, we receive enquiries from various companies in the marine sector regarding the possibility of bunkering LNG-powered vessels or replenishing the capacity of LNG-powered trucks. There is still a lot of work to be done in this area, in terms of adjusting port shipping rules and port charges, as well as promoting LNG infrastructural development projects at public level in order to motivate the market”, said Darius Šilenskis, CEO of KN. Courtesy of Klaipedos Nafta Klaipedos Nafta noted in its statement on Wednesday the volume received is approximately 3,200 cubic meters. The load was delivered onboard Gasum’s LNG bunkering vessel Coralius. PGNiG added that since April, more than 100 tanker trucks loaded with LNG left the facility. According to Šilenskis, bunkering of the LNG-powered cement tanker Greenland has become a regular operation in the port of Klaipėda this year. The ship is bunkered in Malkų Įlankos Terminalas by supplying LNG in an ISO container, which is filled at the LNG reloading station. Since the first bunkering operation of this kind in March this year, ten further LNG transshipments have been carried out. Polish oil and gas company PGNiG has received the second delivery of liquefied natural gas at the KN-operated Klaipėda LNG reloading station. To remind, PGNiG has been the exclusive user of the facility since April. KN, the operator of oil and LNG terminals, has entered into a five-year strategic partnership agreement with PGNiG in November last year. “In less than five months, we received two LNG loads, and over 100 tank trucks loaded with liquefied natural gas have already left the station. It is over 1,800 tons of LNG, which equals over 27,000 MWh”, Jerzy Kwieciński, president of the PGNiG management board said.last_img read more

Four-game ban for Ramires

first_imgChelsea midfielder Ramires will miss the Blues’ title run-in after accepting a four-match ban for violent conduct. That rules him out of Sunday’s visit to title rivals Liverpool – a match for which Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has already threatened to play a weakened team – as well as meetings with Norwich and Cardiff. The fourth and final match of the ban will cover the first domestic game of next season. The 27-year-old’s season is not over as long as Chelsea remain in the Champions League, with a 0-0 draw in their semi-final first leg against Atletico Madrid leaving them in a strong position. Mourinho and assistant Rui Faria were also subject to disciplinary action by the FA on Wednesday, following the Black Cats’ victory at Stamford Bridge. Mourinho gave an apparently highly sarcastic appraisal of r eferee Mike Dean’s performance, as well drawing referees’ chief Mike Riley into the debate, while Faria was dismissed for angrily confronting the match officials. The pair have until 6pm on Monday to consider their responses. Faria’s case has been designated a ”non-standard” one by the FA ”due to the a ggressive and/or threatening and/or serious nature of the reported behaviour.” It is the third time Mourinho has faced FA disciplinary action this term. As well as the Villa Park incident which has left him seething, Mourinho was fined £8,000 after accepting a charge following his dismissal against Cardiff in October. Press Associationcenter_img The Brazilian had until 6pm on Thursday to respond to a Football Association charge for striking Sunderland’s Sebastian Larsson in an off-the-ball incident on Saturday and chose not to contest it. Having already been sent off against Aston Villa last month, he received an additional one-match ban on top of the regular three games. last_img read more